Thursday, May 10, 2012

London

I recently got back from a short stint in Paris and London. It was a wonderful trip, and very active and busy, how I like my life. I've been very busy since returning to the states, but not active. I sit all day, and although I love my job, I don't love sitting. I guess that's what I get for falling in love with graphic design.

Not to say that graphic design cannot involve technology, but let's face it, in today's super fast world, it's much more efficient to design everything in one place on the computer than making it an activity involving several creative mediums. That's one reason I love photography so much because it gets me out of a chair!

The trip to Europe did not lend itself very much time for casual or event organized conceptual or artistic photography. My group was very A to B with very little dilly dallying in between. We had to fit a lot into a very short amount of time. I returned with very few photos with the quality I prefer for my 365 Photography Challenge. I managed to scrape up a few.


One thing I loved about both Paris and London, but especially London was how everything was designed well. Not even necessarily well, but I liked looking at these design whether they were good or not. I liked the way the cars, the telephone booths, the mail boxes, the little bins, the street signs, the underground, the buildings, the lines on the road, the store fronts, the pubs, and the fashion looked. Everything fit so well together, and just looked nice. Things in the U.S. don't look that pretty, and as an artist, I really value the visual beauty of the city. For about 24 hours I said, 'Screw all my life plans, I'm moving to London', and then I came to my senses and said, 'Don't screw all my life plans, but after I do those, I'm moving to London'.

I also love the food, but that's a different story. I don't know what people are talking about when they say British food isn't good. Have any of them had a meat pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment