Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog Prompt #24 - Final Project

My final project in color photography, I really want to make a series using this image below.



I made this last summer for fun using cyanotypes for the hair and painting in a lot of the the original image using Photoshop brushes. This might just be one of my most favorite things I have ever made. Especially since I didn't use any of the artistic or brush stroke filters. The only thing I did not make was the paper texture. I found that online at a free texture website. Whether that is legitimate or not, I have since wished that I had done the paper texture


I have photos of family and friends that I'm going to use. So far I have three white males and an Indian girl, so I'm going to have to take some more pictures so I don't accidentally make some controversial statement about race and gender that I never intended. I've done some more cyanotypes, that unfortunately didn't  turn out, but luckily, for my particular assignment, it doesn't really make a difference (the professor who lent the chemicals to me reckons the chemicals might have been accidentally mixed together at some point).


I also have created my paper texture by rubbing instant coffee on paper and then baking it. It, er, worked, but it's not quite the texture I imagined. Who knows, I might end up liking it, but we'll see. I may make a trip to Hobby Lobby's scrap-booking section, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment