Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog Prompt #27

I am interested in photography in the common sense of the medium - portraits, candids, still lifes, etc taken on a recognizable camera, hung on the wall as prints. Sarah, my professor, encouraged us to think of photography differently than this. Before her class, I would never have thought to turn in what I ended up doing. I used photography as textures to create scenes within a collaged world. I used Photoshop - my favorite medium - to collage different layers together and create the perception of depth to my images.
I taught myself After Effects because I'm very interested in motion graphics and how motion can use depth in an entirely new way, such as parallax (the effect that occurs when, say, you are driving past a farm and the near corn stalks move much more quickly past your window than the distant farmhouse), which is impossible with still graphics.
My goal is to work in the entertainment industry, so I created a poster, a book cover, and a logo slate. All existed as still graphics and as motion graphics, so it was quite interesting to figure out the best way to design both and have them stay consistent with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment