Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog Prompts #9, 10, 11

9. I really like the spinning cube in Ann Arbor because it looks pretty simple, but every time I come back from a visit there I look through my pictures only to discover much of my memory card is devoted to pictures and videos of us spinning the cube. If I were to make something in Photoshop I think I would make an animation where the cube spins and each side is a different picture.

10. An impossible scenario would be a person reading Deathly Hallows before the release date that does not work for Scholastic or Bloomsbury. This is actually not too simple a scenario to recreate because you could easily put a calender in the picture to place the time, but maybe the calender is old, how does the viewer know? So one would have to have a image of something very specific that could only have happened on or before a certain date, like international news or a picture of somebody alive that died before the book came out. This simple concept could actually be quite hard to recreate a scenario for because you would have to depend on images already taken.

11. When I think of combination I think of a bike lock, an outfit of several pieces, a mixed media piece, a brain, a person maturing into a grown-up, a dream where people keep changing form, a film set, a collaboration, companies merging, inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment