Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cannon Ball Projections

I recorded my sister walking and jumping into a pool of shiny blue material. How? Projecting her image onto that piece of cloth! I shot a stop-motion video of her jumping, masked her images in photoshop and created an animation that I projected. I do not have the recording of the projection yet, but once I do I will post the image. The idea was the I wanted to project something falling or jumping into water. I thought of my sister jumping in because she's a swimmer and we have plenty of swim gear around the apartment. I shot her walking and then seperately had her do the cannonball motion while sitting on a stool because she obviously could not do a cannonball in the studio (She could have, but it would have hurt).
After the critique, I think that people enjoyed the real-time aspect of it. You have to be there to see the piece, it's not just an image, although I can take a picture or video of it, it's a motion piece that changes once made digital.
I think if I were to use this piece as a jumping-off point (haha), I would try and find a way to use fabric as other objects that people encounter in their lives, like tables or  trees that the projected figure can interact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment