Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blog Prompts #17-18

I think photography will follow wherever the digital realm leads. If holograms are in the future, then there would probably be photography as a hologram. In video when you movie within a frozen scene, there is a huge photographic element to that and I think someday that will be explored except you can literally move within the image. I have no idea how that would be done, but it would be amazing.

Whenever I'm asked to define something like "art" or "photography" I try to make it as simple and general as possible, because really both are things that mean vastly different things to different people. A studio artist approaches photography very different than a documentary photographer or stop-motion photography, or scanographer, etc. etc. To me the definition of photography is any process which involves the photographic process of creating a still image through capturing light on a light-sensitive material. If the end product is a sculpture or motion graphic, photography was still used within the mixed media project.

No comments:

Post a Comment