Monday, February 7, 2011

Kim Berens name sequence from Kim Berens on Vimeo.


When I was assigned to make a motion piece, I knew I wanted to use After Effects. I'm really not sure why I haven't played around with it before now. But I want to learn as much of it as I can before I graduate. I've been doing a lot of tutorials lately, which feels like I'm wasting time having fun and not working, but it's important. I love my career choice.

Anyway, so I started with a simple rain effect in another image, but when I rendered it it was very choppy. Also, when I attempted to upload it to Vimeo, it said the file was too large. Maybe that's why it didn't render smoothly? But because of that, I decided to give After Effects another go. I looked on Video Co-Pilot and unfortunately wasn't ready for this tutorial, but after watching this one, I thought I'd give it a go. The professional's sequence looks a lot better than mine, but I'm totally okay with that. I'm super excited with mine and I can't wait to get more comfortable with the program. I just hope I have time before I graduate (tick tock, tick tock).

I wanted it to look kind of dramatic, like something that would appear before a Masterpiece Theatre movie. I think it I were to change something, I would change the color of my name and play around with the texture because it doesn't really look like a pen or pencil actually wrote it. It's beige, so of course it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment