Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blog Prompt #23



The video among is a behind the scenes look at a very complicated photoshoot that combines computer animation with photography. I know a few people who might feel sad that photography is going in this direction. I happen to not feel that way. I think this is an exciting new art medium that might include photography, but I don't think it necessarily IS photography. It's a new type of medium, and I love what they're doing with it.

Computer graphics are fake things, but in my opinion, to make a computer graphic any good, it must look as real as possible. Maybe other people will disagree, but I would rather do as much as I can outside of CGI and then when I want something totally fantastical and surreal that can't exist or would be very difficult to create, that's when I go into photoshop and that's when I would use CGI, not a minute before.

No comments:

Post a Comment