Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blog Prompt #24

1. Which of the presenters’ work did you most relate to or were most inspired by?
I can't remember her name, but the painter had beautiful paintings. The colors were so random, but worked so well together nonetheless. It seems like it shouldn't work, and yet it does.

2. Which of the presenters’ ideas did you most relate to or were you most inspired by?
I personally liked the graphic designers work. Again, I can't remember her name, but I found it incredibly interesting that she had about Tiananmen Square and how in China, she had never been taught what had happened. Coming to America and learning about what the Chinese government had done was a huge shock to her.

3. Describe how one of the presenters revealed new layers of meaning in her/his work through their talk. How did your understanding of the work change or what did you learn that you were not aware of when viewing/experiencing the work prior to hearing the talks?
I learned that many artists simply do things because they enjoy it, and a concept can often form later. Because I feel that my concepts change over time, this was comforting.

4. What would you have wished to hear more about through their talks?
I would have wished to hear more about the process and how long it took them to come up with this final piece.

5. Did you find that the ideas discussed were clearly represented in the formal/visual/sensory aspects of work? Did you find that the work revealed other ideas beyond what the artist discussed? Did you find that there were disconnects or that the words and visual elements of the works connected?
Yes, I did feel what they were saying was well-represented in their respective artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment