Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thesis Update

I am a tad delayed in posting my thesis contact sheet. It's spring break, but that is far from an excuse coming from me. I stayed at school and spent many hours a day catching up on work. Empty computers labs have their merits, I sang very loudly.

So I should be way caught up on work, right? Hahahhahahahaaaaaa. Yeah, sure.

But I did accomplish some things over spring break, among them, continuing to work on my thesis. I have a new design for the Horace poster! Which I am much happier with. I really disliked the first one. It looked great in my head, but not matter how much I played with it, it just wasn't right. But this one I really like. It's not near done at all, but I at least know what I'm going to do with it, which is a huge step forward from last week. I have two options, one option is a vectored hand, which was the original concept, and I do like it, but I used an image of a hand to reference the vector, and found out I really like it with the photo! The only problem is I didn't take this photo, so I'll have to take my own photo, but here is what it looks like regardless.




With the From Dust book cover, I added torn paper texture to take the place of the hills, which makes it look loads better (seasoned, as opposed to unseasoned, to use the term from last post). I do have a motion version, but I never rendered it, and I don't currently have access to After Effects, but I will post it on my next thesis update. I really like the motion version, because all the hills are at different depths and the camera zooms out until it stops at the image you see below. I'm starting to think I do not want text to take the place of one of the hills. With the motion, the hills get slightly covered and slightly uncovered and the text might be difficult to read while it's moving. But we'll see, I'll keep playing with it and see what works the best.


So my next step is taking photos of an arm and figuring out the typography of everything. Also, I've sketched concepts for my logo, but I still don't know which one I'm going to pick. I think because it's my assignment, but I'm going to give it to the MSU Filmmaker's Club to use as their production logo, so I feel like I have to make something they will like while also trying to make sure I want to do it for my thesis. But I don't see it being a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment