Monday, September 20, 2010

Jumping and Juggling

 Here is my photograph I took inspired by Jan von Holleben's series Dreams of Flying. I absolutely love his series. The kids looks as though the day these pictures were taken was the best day of their lives. The happiness and playfulness is a great escape from the seriousness a lot of artists work in. I tried to capture that same feeling with the vibrant colors and fun  subject matter.
I had two sessions, and my sister was in a hurry, so the sessions were rushed. The first was was just her without the hat, scarf, and flower. But I wasn't pleased, so my sister was nice enough to oblige to another shoot. This time we grabbed a few more things, which I think improved the image immensely.
However, I did use Photoshop to move the flower and re-arrange the juggling balls, but if I had had more time during the shoot, I would have done it the old-fashioned way. But as it was, I was in a hurry. Plus, I love Photoshop, so I didn't really mind. I also enhanced the colors slightly, and added a vignette, which my roommate would not hesitate to tell me is tacky. It probably is.
I'm happy with the way the image turned out. I think it looks realistically like she is jumping, but it's also obvious that it takes place on the ground.

1 comment: