Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reversed Storyboard


In my previous entry I wrote about the Herman Miller advertisement I had selected for my Time and Motion assignment. The assignment was to create a reversed storyboard of roughly thirty seconds of our the video.

In making the storyboard, I realized a few things about the video I hadn't noticed before. For example, at one point a head with a the outline of a brain appears. It comes from the "camera", almost as if it is coming directly from the viewer. I think this is a simple technique the designer used to draw in the viewer my making it seem as if these are all the viewer's ideas. Reminds me of My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

1 comment:

  1. For this reverse storyboard, I feel that you did a very good job of capturing enough screen shots to accurately break down the video.

    You set up your reverse storyboard very similar to mine (a few frames across and clean type underneath), which I like!

    Your captions were very descriptive of what was happening in each frame. For example, 4th frame had a nice description, "the red and brown people appear without any hesitation, but it stops after the brown woman."

    You did a good job of addressing the narrator and sound effects in your captions as well (I did not, oops!). I really appreciated that you kept the narration and sound effects separate from your caption description, it made it cleaner to look at and understand.

    Overall, I think you did a very nice reverse storyboard. The small criticism I have is that I would have made your type or jpeg bigger, because it was very small on my screen and hard to read.

    -Elise Androkites

    ReplyDelete