Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog Prompt #14 - Unknown vs. Familiar Space

Photography allows people to more easily compare two different things. While I studied abroad I didn't really notice how the cities I saw in Germany looked different than the cities I saw in Austria. They were both different than the U.S. But once I looked at my pictures and started describing the experience to people, I realized that Austria has a much more peaceful, soft, calming look to its cities while Germany has a more gnome-like feel.
If I were to take a picture of my home and then take a picture of someone elses home in Tokyo, I think the exteriors would look quite different, because Tokyo is a much more crowded city that where I'm from, Troy, MI. Therefore our homes probably look very different. One could point out things about the space of the windows, where the car is kept, etc. just by comparing the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment