Thursday, October 21, 2010

Digital Collage Exercises

I did these a while ago to practice different methods of collaging images together in photoshop. The image in front of the Hogwarts castle I changed my head, but (hopefully) it's hard to tell it was photoshopped, therefore I have provided the oringial (which is shown second).
I also recently changed the way I select the outline of a person. I've always used the lasso tools, but in my photography class I've learned about masking and selecting through the pen tool. Although I feel comfortable using the lasso tools, I do think masking is actually a better way, because the image is still there, you can bring back what you cut out. Here's my example of that:


And then I played around with making part of the image illlustrated, which I think it very well executed in this poster:


But a lot less effective in my own:





No comments:

Post a Comment