Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog Prompt #15 - Collage

When I was younger I would pack my lunch every single day for school. Only occasionally would I buy lunch, and that was a big deal. In high school I would get so hungry that by the time I actually sat at the cafeteria table I would have eaten my entire lunch. These days I still eat many meals in class. I think it would be interesting to have a photo of me eating my lunch in high school and me eating my dinner in college. Perhaps I would be the only one to find it interesting, but the difference between what I'm wearing, where I'm sitting, how much light there is, and what I'm eating would say so many things about how I've changed, even though the subject is technically the same. If these two images were collaged together, then the differences would become more apparent and important. The viewer would be forced to look at the differences of the images, and not just the similarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment